If you do not receive two emails immediately after purchasing your permit, one from us and the other from PayPal, the transaction has not been successful. Troubleshooting tips:
1) Try refreshing your page,
2) Ensure you have a strong, stable internet connection, and
3) sign up for a PayPal account and purchase through PayPal.
If you are have difficulties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to you on the next business day.
Permits for firewood harvesting are available this weekend in the Port Alberni and the Duncan/Shawnigan area this weekend at their respective Tourism Information Centers:
- For Shawnigan area - the Cowichan Regional Visitor Center at 2896 Drinkwater Road (250-746-4636) in Duncan; hours are 9am-5pm Friday-Saturday, closed Sunday;
- For Port Alberni - the Port Alberni Visitor Center at 2533 Port Alberni Hwy; hours are 9am-5pm daily.
Safety Equipment Required *REVISED*:
Safety gear is mandatory while cutting; you will not be sold a firewood permit if you cannot present your safety gear before you enter the site and privileges will be revoked if you do not wear it while cutting. Gear includes protective footwear, eye protection, ear protection, chainsaw pads/pants and gloves.
Safety is our priority.
You must have a copy of your firewood permit on you at all times when cutting firewood, and transporting it to your residence. It can be on paper, or on a tablet or smartphone.
Please review gate timing on the 'Access Information' blog post for this weekend to ensure you are not too early or too late to get your firewood.