Although the weather is heating up, we have decided to keep the gates open for this long weekend. To report a wildfire or irresponsible behaviour call 1-800-663-5555 or *5555 from a cell phone.
The following gates and major roads are expected to be open this long weekend.
No fires, no camping, and no off-road vehicles (i.e. ATVs, UTVs, buggies or side-by-sides) are authorized on our private property.
Do not expect any additional gates to be opened. Gate times are effective sunrise to sunset unless otherwise specified for this weekend.
- Cameron Main: Open; access to BC Recreation Site at Labour Day Lake is available
- Cameron Connector: Open
- Ash Main: Open; access to BC Recreation Sites at Lowry Lake and Scout Camp/Beach is available
- Pass Main: Open; access to Mt. Arrowsmith is available
- Comox Main: Open; access to 21.9 KM
- Museum Main: Open; access to BC Recreation Site at Father and Son Lake is available
- Northwest Bay: Open 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Shawnigan Main: Open 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM ***Note the Change to Gate Times
- Chemainus Main (Copper Canyon): Open; access to 22 KM 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
***Cameron Mainline is currently open for public access Monday thru Friday and Weekends
***Public firewood cutting has been closed for the summer. Public firewood will resume in the fall.
***If you see any suspicious activities on our lands you can report them anonymously on our Website www.islandtimberlands.com. On our home page, and at the bottom right hand corner, hover your pointer on the word "Contact", select, then go to the Type of Enquiries drop down. Select "Report Suspicious Activities" make sure you also enter in the random passcode which appears just below your message. Or you can Contact SafetyNet Security 250-830-8343 - Thank-You