To report a wildfire or irresponsible behaviour call 1-800-663-5555 or *5555 from a cell phone.
Weather conditions are creating high to extreme fire hazard in most areas. We are implementing closures to ensure public safety and the protection of the forest. Please respect signs and gates. The following closures are in effect for this weekend:
- Cameron Main: Closed; access to BC Recreation Site at Labour Day Lake is available via the Cameron Connector from the Alberni Highway
- Cameron Connector: Access to Pass Main and Mt. Arrowsmith is available via the Cameron Connector from the Alberni Highway
- Ash Main: Closed at 286; access to Lowry Lake and Brown's Bay is available
- Comox Main: Closed
- Museum Main: Closed
- Northwest Bay: Closed
- Chemainus Main (Copper Canyon): Closed
- Glenora (Shawnigan): Closed
Trans Canada Trail Notification: The Trans Canada Trail at Extension Ridge in Nanaimo is no longer closed.
Firewood Notification: Public firewood cutting has been closed for the summer and will resume in the fall.
Please enjoy your weekend safely!
No fires, camping, or off-road vehicles (i.e. ATVs, UTVs, buggies or side-by-sides) are permitted on our property, unless authorized by Island Timberlands.
If you see any suspicious activities on our lands you can report them anonymously on our Website www.islandtimberlands.com. On our home page, and at the bottom right hand corner, hover your pointer on the word "Contact", select, then go to the Type of Enquiries drop down. Select "Report Suspicious Activities" make sure you also enter in the random passcode which appears just below your message. Or you can Contact SafetyNet Security 250-830-8343. Thank you!