Access Information for the Weekend of September 17th - 18th
To report a wildfire or irresponsible behaviour call 1-800-663-5555 or *5555 from a cell phone.
The following openings/closures are in effect for this weekend:
- Cameron Main: Open
- Loon Lake: Open
- Horne Lake North: Open
- Ash Main: Open 6:30 AM - Closed 4:00 PM
- Comox Main: Open 6:00 AM - Closed 3:30 PM
- Museum Main: Open
- Northwest Bay: Open 6:00 AM - Closed 4:00 PM **Note** Due to bridge maintenance work, the gate at 155 Main 8 km will be closed this weekend - there is no access available beyond this point.
- Chemainus Main (Copper Canyon): Open 6:00 AM - Closed 4:00 PM
- Mines Road: Closed
- Glenora (Shawnigan): Open 6:00 AM - Closed 4:00 PM
- Buckley Bay: Open 6:00 AM - Closed 2:00 PM
- Ashling Road (Spider Lake): Closed
- Oyster River: Open 6:00 AM - Closed 2:00 PM
- Northwest Bay: Open 6:00 AM - Closed 4:00 PM
- Nanaimo River Camp: Open 6:00 AM - Closed 3:00 PM
Hunting Season: This season, gate time openings and closing may be different from previous years. Oyster River and Buckley Bay will be open at 6:00 AM and close at 2:00 PM. Note - All gate times and area openings are subject to change; continue to check the blog for updates.
RAPP - Report All Poachers and Polluters:
Conservation Officer 24 Hour Hotline 1-877-952-RAPP (7277)
Unauthorized Access: Unless otherwise noted in this blog, all of Island Timberlands' Property is closed to the public during the week, this includes hunting. Unauthorized access, at any time, will not be tolerated and mobile Security patrols are active 24/7 to enforce this policy.
Firewood Notification: No Public Firewood Cutting for this weekend
Please enjoy your weekend safely!
No fires, camping, or off-road vehicles (i.e. ATVs, UTVs, buggies or side-by-sides) are permitted on our property, unless authorized by Island Timberlands.
If you see any suspicious activities on our lands you can report them anonymously on our Website http://www.islandtimberlands.com On our home page, and at the bottom right hand corner, hover your pointer on the word "Contact", select, then go to the Type of Enquiries drop down. Select "Report Suspicious Activities" make sure you also enter in the random passcode which appears just below your message. Or you can Contact SafetyNet Security 250-830-8343. Thank you!