Firewood Opportunities for the Long Weekend of October 8th, 9th and 10th
You must carry your valid permit with you at all times.
Safety equipment requirements include chainsaw pants, sturdy work boots, eye protection and ear protection.
Firewood is for personal use only and not to be sold.
There will be random checks for Permits and Safety Equipment. If you do not have a permit or adequate safety equipment our guards will ask you to leave the property. Technical difficulties with online systems will not be an acceptable excuse for not having a permit, as there are other means to obtain a permit I.e. purchasing one from a local visitor centre.
There are now 11 areas open for firewood this weekend. They are:
Maps of the areas can be obtained from the Visitors Centres listed below, or if you choose to use the online payment option, maps will be generated once you have completed the required fields.
Check the "Access" section of this blog (below) for gate time openings and closings.
There are 2 methods to obtain a Firewood Permit:
- Go to WWW.IslandTimberlands.com and click on the "Our Company" tab. Click on the "Firewood Permit Application" icon. This will take you to our payment portal where you'll be able to choose the general firewood areas that suit your needs, input your required administration information, pay for a permit, then receive an email permit to your home computer, tablet or smartphone. Credit Cards and Paypal accounts are both accepted as a means of payment.
- To purchase a paper copy of an Island Timberlands Firewood Permit, please contact the following Visitor Centres for hours of operation and for further assistance:
- Cowichan Regional Visitor Centre:
- Address: 2896 Drinkwater Rd, Duncan BC V9L6C2
- Phone: 888-303-3337
- Address: 1275 East Island Hwy, Parksville BC V9P2G3
- Phone: 250-248-3613
- Address: 2533 Port Alberni Hwy, Port Alberni BC V9Y8P2
- Phone: 250-724-6535